≡ Menu

What Happens To My Existing Family Court Matter When I File For Divorce?

If you have an existing Family Court matter when you file for divorce, your attorney may make a motion to consolidate the Family Court matter with the divorce matter.

Otherwise, Family Court will retain jurisdiction over the pre-existing matter.

If you live in Queens and have a family law matter or are considering divorce, contact us at (718) 523-1111 for a free, no obligation consultation….and get some of your questions answered.