≡ Menu

What Happens If My Spouse And I Reconcile?

It depends on where you are in the divorce process.

If your spouse has not yet been served, your attorney can voluntarily dismiss the case.

If your lawyer has not yet filed a Request for Judicial Intervention (RJI), which assigns a judge to your case, your process is effectively on hold.

Later along in the process, your lawyer may need to file a Notice of Discontinuance or a Stipulation of Discontinuance.

If you and your spouse have reconciled after beginning the divorce process, the lawyers at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you tie up any legal loose ends.

Call us at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.