≡ Menu

Can I Stay In Our Home Until The Children Are Grown?

It’s very common when a couple has children that the custodial spouse will remain in the marital home and keep the children in the same schools and with the same peers as before the divorce.

Depending on the other financial considerations of the divorce, it may make sense to both parties for you to keep the house – an asset that should appreciate that you can later sell – while your spouse takes other assets, or negotiates on support issues in exchange for the house.

It’s a very good idea to go into settlement negotiations with a clear understanding of your goals.

The Queens divorce attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get the settlement you want, even in the toughest of divorce actions.

Call us for a free consultation at 718-523-1111.