≡ Menu

My Spouse Has Locked Me Out Of Our House. Can I Go Back In?

Unless your spouse received permission from the court – and you have been served with a temporary restraining order – then you are being illegally locked out of your home.

While your impulse may be to go and argue your way back in, don’t. The best way to handle this situation is to tell your lawyer you’ve been illegally locked out and take it to a judge.

Your court order will give you the protection you need if police are required to enforce your rights.

Your spouse can’t lock you out of your home without the court’s permission.

If you have concerns about going back into your home, please call the Queens divorce attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino at 718-523-1111.

We can help ensure that you have the full force of the law behind you as you correct this violation of your rights and your spouse’s authority.