≡ Menu

How Do I Get My Belongings If My Spouse Has Locked Me Out Of Our House?

Without a court order, your spouse may not deny you access to your home.

That said, it sounds like your situation may be beyond something you should try to work out on your own.

Your attorney should notify the court of the situation and ask the judge to put a stop to it.

Your spouse will have to answer to the judge for his or her actions, and depending on the circumstances, you may be able to take additional steps to protect yourself and your belongings from your spouse.

Your first step is to let your lawyer know what’s happened.

Unfortunately, emotions run very high in many divorces, and the parties often act in ways they regret later.

The court will see to it that you have access to your belongings and are safe from your spouse.

If you need help handling situations with an angry spouse during a divorce, call the Queens divorce attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino at 718-523-1111 today for a free consultation.