≡ Menu

Can I Request An End To Spousal Maintenance If My Ex Has Moved In With Her Boyfriend?

Yes, if your original maintenance agreement did not specify cohabitation with an unrelated male, you have grounds to ask the court to modify the support maintenance.

Where an ex has begun cohabitating with a new partner and is substantially acting as that person’s spouse, courts have terminated prior support arrangements.

If you former spouse has moved on and is cohabitating and sharing expenses and a financial life with a new partner, you should pursue an end to the maintenance obligation you’ve been paying.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get free of spousal support for a former spouse who is being supported by someone else.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.