≡ Menu

If I’m Moving Out Of State, Can I Modify My Order To Have My Kids During The Summers?

When one parent follows a career or family obligations outside of New York, it is necessary to modify custody orders to ensure that they are able to have an ongoing relationship with their children.

Family Court handles these petitions all the time, but clients do best when they have a well planned, thoughtfully crafted petition, especially if the former spouse may not necessarily support the new terms.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino work closely with our clients to understand their needs and their changing circumstances, and we make it as easy as possible for the custodial parent in the equation to decide that the terms being offered are good for them, too.

When your life takes you away from New York, we make sure your kids can remain emotionally close to you. Call 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.