≡ Menu

Once The Order Of Protection Against Me Expires, Can I Petition For Greater Access To My Kids In Queens?

Yes, if you’ve been under an order of protection that has limited your ability to be a parent to your child, then the expiration of the order can be grounds to ask Family Court in Queens to review the situation and order a new custody agreement.

You’ll be expected to demonstrate why this change is in the best of interest of your children, and asked to show what steps you have taken to remedy the behaviors that caused the order of protection in the first place.

Working with experienced family law attorneys can be a big help in convincing a judge to revisit the matter and change the current custody plan.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get a new custody order and maintain a strong relationship with your kids.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.