≡ Menu

If I Take A New Job In Queens That Pays Less, Does It Shrink My Child Support Payment?

If you voluntarily change jobs to a lower-paying role and then petition the court for a lower child support payment, you probably won’t like the result.

Judges in Queens frown on parents attempting to get out of child support payments by intentionally lowering their earnings.

For a judge to consider your petition for a lower child support payment, you must demonstrate that you experienced a significant income reduction through circumstances beyond your control, and the situation must not look as though you are attempting to shirk your responsibilities.

When you need help with your child support obligation, the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.