≡ Menu

Can I Get A Divorce In Queens If My Spouse Refuses To Sign The Divorce Papers?

Yes, however difficult your spouse chooses to be is entirely their decision, but there is nothing they can do to force you remain married to them.

If your spouse refuses to sign or participate, you’ll ultimately be granted a default divorce, and your spouse will have to live with the terms of the settlement.

It’s possible that they can petition later to have the judgment vacated and re-heard, but the window for succeeding with this tactic is small.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we can help you divorce even if your spouse doesn’t want you to go.

We can make sure that all filings are proper, all notices are correct and complete, and that your spouse has all the opportunity to respond that they are entitled to.

And if they don’t, we’ll make sure the court has all the information it needs to move forward.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens divorce lawyer.