≡ Menu

Can You Help Me Locate My Spouse, Who I Haven’t Seen For Several Years?

Yes, we can help you search through public records databases as part of your divorce process, looking for a spouse you’ve lost contact with.

If we are ultimately unsuccessful in locating your spouse, you are still allowed to divorce, using a process known as Publication Divorce.

This method utilizes the newspaper of record in your spouse’s last known location to serve notice of your intent to divorce.

To use the Publication Divorce process, you’ll have to show the court that you’ve searched all reasonable sources of public information, attempted to contact old friends and relatives of your spouse, and still come up empty.

Publication divorce is rare, especially in today’s hyper-wired world.

In most cases, missing spouses can be located and divorce can proceed.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-523-1111 and get started fresh in life.