≡ Menu

Does The Court Have Any Say In Whether I Can Move Out Of State, As The Non-Custodial Parent In Queens?

No, non-custodial parents can move out of state without notifying the court, though whether your children will be able to visit you according to your visitation agreement is a question you should consider closely.

Some visitation agreements prohibit taking your child out of state without the permission of the other parent.

While visitation is something you choose to take advantage of, not a requirement that your former spouse can enforce against you, you should expect that your former spouse will seek a modification to the agreement if you leave without working through these issues.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino help parents negotiate new agreements when their circumstances change.

We can make sure that you have access to the opportunities that await you in your new home, while remaining an important part of your child’s life.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.