≡ Menu

What Can Be Done To Keep Me Financially Sound During A Divorce In Queens?

If you’re facing serious financial deprivation upon filing for divorce, our team can request a form of temporary financial support from your spouse called Pendente Lite support.

Pendente Lite support is designed to keep a lower-earning spouse solvent during the divorce, and may be converted to an order for spousal maintenance at the conclusion of the action.

Many couples are in a position where one spouse has made professional and educational sacrifices in order to support the other as they advanced in their career.

This type of teamwork is ideal in many marriages, but less than ideal for the lower-earner when the marriage ends.

The court understands this, and makes every effort to ensure that lack of access to funds doesn’t translate to a lack of access to the courts.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we take a holistic approach to our clients’ needs, dealing with the immediate as well as the long term implications of the changing financial picture they face in divorce.

We can help make sure you stay financially sound when your marriage in Queens ends. Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.