≡ Menu

My Child Told Me That My Ex’s Housemate In Queens Drinks Heavily. What Should I Do?

It can be hard to send a child to visitation with your ex spouse, or return them to their home, when you suspect the home environment may not be ideal for them.

When your child tells you that something is going on, your first step should be to talk with your former spouse.

While divorce and custody battles can bring out the worst in people, it’s important to remember that both of you love your child and want what’s best for them.

If you are able to initiate a discussion, start there.

If that doesn’t seem to resolve the issue, you may need the court’s help, especially if you worry for your child’s safety and welfare in that environment.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you learn more about the situation at your ex’s home, and take steps as necessary to remedy it.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens child custody attorney.