≡ Menu

How Do I Answer My Spouse’s Complaint In Queens?

How you answer your spouse’s complaint depends a lot on the specifics outlined in it, but the most important thing you can do when you receive a summons and complaint is to consult an experienced divorce attorney who can help guide you through what can be a confusing and emotionally overwhelming process.

In most cases, you’ll want to answer with counter-claims of your own.

You will probably be facing a contested divorce action, and unless one or both of you are willing to make significant compromises, your divorce will likely end up before a judge, with many elements decided in ways you don’t like.

An experienced Queens divorce lawyer can help you answer your spouse’s complaint and help you understand your options as you move forward with your divorce.

Call the experienced Queens divorce team at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation today.