≡ Menu

Do I Need A Court Order To Take Custody Of One Of My Two Children In Queens, At My Ex’s Request?

When you take actions outside of your custody agreement, even when you and your former spouse are in perfect agreement, it’s important to make sure that the new terms are ratified by court order.

Failure to do so can lead to problems down the road. When you take custody of one of your children in Queens, petition for a modification of your custody agreement to protect yourself and your child from future conflict.

You may also be able to reduce your child support payments if you take custody of one of your children.

This is a separate matter that will be heard independently, but when the circumstances of your custody arrangements change, it can impact what you’re paying in support.
The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you handle both petitions professionally and properly, so you don’t have to worry about trouble in the future.

Protect yourself and your children with our experienced Queens child custody and support attorneys.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced custody attorney in Queens.