≡ Menu

Can I Travel Internationally With My Child If I Have Full Custody In Queens?

While you’ll want to consult your custody agreement for specifics, in general, you are allowed to travel internationally with your child when you have legal and physical custody in Queens.

Your custody agreement may specify certain things, like making sure the other parent is informed of travel dates, contact information, and other critical items, and doing so is usually a good idea anyway.

But as a custodial parent with full legal rights, your former spouse shouldn’t be able to stop you from taking trips abroad with your child.
Travel Internationally
If you have questions about your rights and your custody agreement, or if your former spouse is trying to interfere with your travel plans, the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help.

We’ll review your custody agreement and ensure that you meet the letter of the agreement, while protecting your parental rights and your right to travel with your child.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with experienced Queens child custody attorneys.