≡ Menu

Can The Court Appoint An Attorney For My Divorce In Queens? My Spouse Controls Our Finances.

For matrimonial matters like divorce, the court will not appoint an attorney for you, but in situations where your spouse controls the household finances and has cut you off or limited your access to funds, the judge can order that your spouse pay your legal bills.

Judges in Queens don’t believe that access to finances should be a reason to stay in a marriage, or used by your spouse to keep you from accessing the courts.

They, along with your attorneys, will ensure that your rights are protected as you pursue a divorce action against your spouse.

Remember that the income your spouse earns is considered marital property, and as such, you are entitled to an equitable distribution in the divorce.
Don’t let your spouse keep you from what is rightfully yours.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we work with our clients to identify their needs before we file.

When you require funds to divorce a controlling spouse, we make sure the court issues the right orders to get what you need.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens divorce attorney.