≡ Menu

Can I Change My Name Before My Divorce Is Finalized In Queens?

You have the right to go to Civil Court in Queens and ask for a name change, the same way that anyone else can, but the right to revert to a maiden name or other surname is a routine part of your divorce.

If your divorce is being delayed, or you are just eager to rid yourself of the vestiges of your marriage, you can explore alternative options.

Your divorce lawyer should be able to give you a sense of how long your divorce will take.

If your spouse is stalling the process and your lawyer isn’t able to move things forward, you may want to consider bringing on a different attorney.
Name Change
At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we know that when a couple decides to divorce, they don’t want to spend the rest of their lives hashing out the details.

Even if negotiations are dragging and your spouse is the biggest obstacle you face in getting your name back, experienced attorneys can make a big difference in how quickly your divorce moves forward.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens divorce attorney.