≡ Menu

If My Ex In Queens Now Makes More Than I Do And We Have Joint Custody, Do I Now Receive Child Support From Them?

It is possible that if you and your former spouse have a 50/50 custody arrangement in Queens and they now earn more than you do, that your child support payments may drop, or that you may actually receive child support.

There are a number of factors that a judge has to consider when calculating child support payments, but perhaps the most important thing you should know is that whatever the financial situation is at the moment.

You cannot stop paying child support without a new support order from a Family Court judge.

If you and your former spouse have a good parenting relationship, it may be fairly simple to take care of changed financial situations.

When things are more difficult between ex-spouses, these issues can cause more trouble.

Experienced child support attorneys can be a big help when it comes to hammering out details of new support orders.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get an updated child support agreement that fairly reflects your former spouse’s new income.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.
Joint Custody