≡ Menu

Do I Have To Support My Ex In Queens, Who Doesn’t Work And Takes Money From Their Parents?

If you have a spouse who refuses to work, you should consult an experienced divorce attorney before you file for divorce in Queens.

There is a strong risk that you’ll end up with some level of spousal maintenance, especially if you earn a good living and have what the court considers surplus income.

An experienced Queens divorce attorney can ensure that any exposure you have to continuing to support a deadbeat spouse will be limited, and possibly eliminated.

If your spouse has considerable earning power they are simply not applying, it may be possible to avoid spousal maintenance payments entirely.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino work hard to protect your clients from unfair or nonsensical spousal maintenance settlements at the end of a marriage.

If your spouse is unwilling to grow up and take responsibility for themselves, call us today at 718-523-1111 and talk to an experienced Queens support lawyer for free.
spousal maintenance