≡ Menu

If I’m A Stay-At-Home Dad And Get Custody, Will My Wife Pay Child Support To Me After Our Queens Divorce

Yes, if you are the primary caregiver to your children, your former spouse will be considered the non-custodial parent and will pay child support to you in Queens.

None of these designations are gender-specific.

Instead, they are decided by things like relative income and which parent provides the primary residence for the children.

When spouses have a good balance in their custody agreements, then the court will generally assign child support payments to the higher earning spouse.

As a stay-at-home dad raising your kids, you should pat yourself on the back for providing a stable and loving home for your children.

Assuming your spouse earns more, you should be entitled to receive child support payments to help ensure that your children have everything they need.

If your spouse is trying to prevent paying child support, call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-523-1111 to learn how you can protect your children during and after your divorce.

Child Support