≡ Menu

Who Pays Tuition When My Spouse In Queens Wanted Our Child In An Expensive Private University?

Negotiating college tuition costs in a divorce is always complicated, but it can be much harder when one spouse encouraged a child to enroll in an expensive institution, while the other supported a more reasonable college or university.

Now that the parents are splitting up, who will take responsibility for the much higher costs of the private college tuition that only one parent supported sending their child to?

It’s important that you work with experienced divorce attorneys in this situation.

There are many possible outcomes, based on each spouse’s earnings, your child’s ability to get grants, loans, and scholarships, and even their willingness to transfer if need be.

If you are both committed to keeping your child at their current institution, then finding a fair balance of responsibility for the tuition is key.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we protect your financial future with child support, and your child’s educational experience.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 and speak to an experienced Queens child support lawyer for free.
Child Support