≡ Menu

I Think The Judge Ignored Evidence Of Neglect In My Custody Fight In Queens. Can I Appeal Her Ruling?

While appeals are rare in child custody cases in Queens, if you believe that the judge acted in a way that is contrary to law or fact, it is possible to file an appeal.

Appeals are based on fairly technical aspects of a legal case.

To succeed you’ll have to demonstrate convincingly not that the judge made the wrong decision, but that they made a mistake in how they arrived at that decision.

The facts of your case will determine whether or not you have grounds for an appeal, or whether some other action would be a quicker and simpler way to arrive at an outcome that lets you protect your children.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you understand your options and develop a pathway forward.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 to speak to an experienced Queens child custody attorney for free.