≡ Menu

What Can I Do When My Spouse Hasn’t Let Me See Our Children Since I Filed For Divorce In Queens?

Children should never be used as bargaining chips in disputes between their parents, and when your spouse seems set on doing so, you should seek immediate relief from the courts.

If you filed on your own, with an attorney, you need to strongly consider retaining counsel right away.

Many people go into divorce thinking they and their spouse can talk things through and find an amicable solution, but if your spouse is keeping you from seeing your children, it’s a big indicator that your divorce isn’t likely to be a smooth one.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we can help you get visitation of your children as soon as possible, and pursue a custody claim if it seems like your spouse is set on refusing to cooperate with your role as a parent.

Our team has dealt with intransigent spouses who want to use kids for leverage, and we know how to put to a stop to that kind of behavior.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens divorce lawyer.