≡ Menu

If I Move Out Before Filing For Divorce In Queens, Can I Still Get Temporary Maintenance?

You should consult with an experienced divorce attorney before you move out if you need the court to act promptly in your case, as with awarding temporary maintenance.

There are issues of claims to property, child custody, and other matters that may be affected by a premature move, and the best way to protect yourself is to get good advice from a knowledgeable attorney and then follow it to the letter.

If you want to move because you have concerns about threats or violence in the home, your attorney can make sure that appropriate steps are taken to protect you.

Don’t risk potentially costly losses in your divorce by acting prematurely, and don’t risk your safety by going it alone.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens divorce lawyer.