≡ Menu

Will My Divorce Settlement Supersede A Previous Queens Family Court Ruling?

If there are issues from a previous Family Court ruling in Queens that require review, your divorce settlement may correct them.

For instance, if child support was set in an earlier Family Court case and the relative earnings of you and your spouse have changed considerably, then the court may make adjustments.

In the larger scheme of things, if there are no new issues to consider, the judge will typically let the Family Court ruling stand, and incorporate it into the divorce settlement.

So while the divorce settlement can amend your earlier Family Court order, you’ll need to ask for that specifically, as well as inform the court as to why it should reconsider the issue.

By working with an experienced Queens divorce attorney, you can achieve the terms you want in your divorce settlement, even when there are prior orders in place.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced divorce lawyer in Queens.