≡ Menu

Can I Proceed With The Divorce Even If My Spouse Withdraws Their Petition In Queens?

Yes, you have the right to divorce your spouse even if they’ve decided to withdraw their action in Queens.

If you have filed a counterclaim, then the suit is still alive and you can continue the divorce.

If not, you can simply file your own action and have your spouse served. In any case, your spouse can’t force you to stay married against your wishes.

When you work with an experienced Queens divorce lawyer, you can count on having a knowledgeable guide who can keep your divorce moving even in complex divorce situations.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino have been helping New Yorkers obtain fast, affordable divorces for years.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 to speak to an experienced Queens divorce lawyer for free.