≡ Menu

If I Re-Marry, Can My New Spouse Be Forced To Pay My Child Support From My Previous Marriage In Queens?

In a narrow sense, no, the court cannot order your new spouse to pay child support to your previous spouse.

But in a broader sense, your new spouse may find him or herself having to deal with legal attacks from your ex, and even footing their own attorney’s bills and other expenses.

If your divorce was messy and your relationship with your ex has a lot of conflict, you should be very honest about all of that in your new relationship, including what the implications may be if you become legally joined in marriage.

An experienced family law attorney can help you and your future spouse prepare for what may lie ahead.

If there are signs that your ex may try to make your life miserable when you re-marry, there are things you can do to shield your new spouse from the chaos.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens child support and family law attorney.