≡ Menu

If My Ex Isn’t Paying Required Childcare Bills, Am I Still Obligated To Pay Them Child Support In Queens?

Yes, you are obligated to do exactly what the court orders governing your child custody and support situation tell you to do, regardless of whether or not your ex is in compliance.

Many support orders will provide certain obligations to each party, and when you know your child’s other parent isn’t following an order, it can be tempting to decide that you don’t have to follow it, either.

This can be a huge mistake that could end up costing you far more than than you expect.

Parents who fall behind on child support, especially when they have the means to pay, can suffer significant penalties from judges in Queens, including wage garnishment, loss of your driver’s license, and even jail time.

If your ex is failing to meet their obligations in a child support order, you can take action to have the order enforced.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens child support enforcement attorney.