≡ Menu

Do I Owe Money To My Ex If The Child Support Center Is Overpaying Me In Queens?

Yes, you probably owe your ex some money if the Child Support Enforcement office is taking more from your ex than they should.

The two of you should agree to work together to resolve the situation.

When a new court order goes into effect, there’s often a period where payments are higher than the ordered amount to reimburse the custodial spouse for the time between filing and the issuance of the child support order.

Later, when the debt is paid and the amount is supposed to revert to the ordered sum, it can take the office some time to catch up.

Eventually it will happen. You and your former spouse should both be diligent in contacting the office to speed the process along, and in the meantime, plan to pay back the extra funds.

When there are difficulties with the Office of Child Support Enforcement or your former spouse, call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens child support and custody attorney.