≡ Menu

Can I Get Permanent Alimony If I’m Disabled And My Spouse Has Filed For Divorce In Queens?

It’s certainly possible to get a permanent spousal maintenance award in your divorce if you are disabled.

Your marriage will have to have been a long one, but if you’ve been out of the workforce due to a disability, or your ability to earn a living is compromised by a disability, then the courts may find that your spouse has an obligation to your well being even after the marriage ends.

Permanent awards are not as common as limited duration maintenance awards, and you’ll need to present a strong case on the merits.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we fight for our clients and win the best settlements possible.

Our duty is to ensure that you have all the financial protection possible when your marriage ends, and that your quality of life is preserved as much as possible.

Call 718-523-1111 today and talk to an experienced Queens divorce attorney for free.