≡ Menu

Am I Able To Accept A Job Offer Out Of State Without Giving Up Custody?

Custody issues are never easy, and while New York courts understand that a person’s life may take them out of state after a divorce, you may not move your children out of state without the court’s permission.

This is doubly true if your former spouse is opposed to the move.

Making these kinds of transitions work takes some savvy and some negotiation between parents and with the court.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino are family law experts, and bring a wealth of experience to tackling these difficult issues in a way that protects you, your children, and their relationship with your ex-spouse.

Call us today for a free consultation at 718-523-1111.