≡ Menu

Can I Move Out Of State With Our Children?

With the permission of a Family Court judge, yes, you can.

Getting the judge’s permission almost always requires that your former spouse approve and that an updated custody agreement is in place.

For obvious reasons, these can be very sensitive negotiations that demand a lot of flexibility from both parents, but especially the one hoping to move.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we help clients address a variety of custody issues, and are very familiar with the complications of wanting to move when your former spouse doesn’t want the kids to end up far away.

Both sides have legitimate interests, and we pride ourselves on creating areas of agreement between the parties and building from there.

Many of our clients have successfully relocated to new jobs, or closer to family or a new spouse, with their children and their former spouse’s approval.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 to schedule a free consultation with a Queens child custody attorney.