≡ Menu

How Can I Afford A Divorce In Queens If I’m A Stay At Home Parent?

It’s very common in divorce scenarios in Queens for one spouse to be responsible for the bulk of the household’s earnings, while the other works at raising children and maintaining the home and brings in little or no cash income.

To ensure equal access to the courts, parties in this situation are entitled to ask for Pendente Lite support, or temporary maintenance that is paid during the divorce.

This may or may not become permanent maintenance at the conclusion of the divorce.

In addition, you can ask that your legal fees be included in the divorce settlement, which is quite common in your circumstances.

After all, you have sacrificed professional opportunities to allow your spouse to achieve success in the workplace.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can ensure that your needs are put first now.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 and talk to a Queens divorce lawyer for free.