≡ Menu

What Do I Do When I’ve Been Served With Divorce Papers In Queens?

When you’ve been served with divorce papers in Queens, you should call an experienced divorce attorney as soon as possible.

You have a limited time frame in which to respond to your spouse’s notice and summons, and qualified legal guidance is the only way to fully understand what your options are, and to identify your short and long term goals for during and after the divorce.

There are important questions that should be answered immediately, like whether or not you need temporary support during the divorce.

If your circumstances warrant it, this can be requested right away. If you have children, there will be issues of custody and support that need to be addressed promptly.

When you’ve been served with divorce papers, it’s perfectly natural to feel a wide range of emotions, but don’t let them keep you from protecting yourself.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens divorce attorney.