≡ Menu

I Now Have Physical Custody Of My Child, But The Support Payments Continue To Come Out Of My Checks And Go To My Ex In Queens. What Do I Do?

While you might hope that a phone call is all it would take to resolve the situation, the truth is that getting the child support enforcement agency in Queens to stop taking your money after a custody change actually does require intervention by a judge.

You’ll need to file right away for a court order to terminate your child support payments, which is the only way that the agency can stop taking the payments from your check.

You are probably also eligible for child support yourself if you’ve taken custody of your child, which the court also has to order.

The orders can only reflect the time period after you file, so delays will cost you money that you can’t get back.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens child support attorney.