≡ Menu

Can I Cancel My Divorce Petition In Queens If My Spouse Hasn’t Been Served Yet?

You can cancel a divorce petition in Queens, and the earlier in the process you do so the easier it is.

At this early phase, you’ll need to file a Notice of Discontinuance with the court.

If your spouse is party to the case at that time, they’ll have to file a Stipulation of Discontinuance with the court.

To ensure that these processes are properly handled and you aren’t left with a zombie legal case, you should speak to an experienced Queens divorce attorney.

Doing so can be helpful in several ways, especially if you’re uncertain about the future of your marriage.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino know that many of our clients aren’t ready to give up on their marriage yet, but want to fully understand their options.

We give thoughtful, effective advice that can help you make the right decision for yourself going forward.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free, no-hassle consultation with an experienced Queens divorce attorney.