≡ Menu

Can I Appeal The Judge’s Ruling Awarding Child Custody To My Ex In Queens?

While it’s unusual, people in Queens can appeal a child custody ruling in certain cases.

When a judge’s ruling is inconsistent with established law or where facts in the case were ignored, the losing party has the right to petition a higher court to review the case.

In most cases, people seek to appeal a ruling simply because they disagree with it, which is not sufficient grounds for appeal.

However, parents have tremendous power when it comes to matters that affect their children, and the child custody system is designed to protect the parent-child relationship to the greatest ability possible.

If your child custody situation isn’t working for you, the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino may be able to help.

Call 718-523-1111 today for a free consultation with an experienced Queens child custody attorney.