≡ Menu

Do I File In Family Court Or The Supreme Court To Modify Child Custody In Queens?

Both family court and supreme court can hear child custody modification cases, so where you file may depend on whether your existing order was created as part of a divorce settlement.

Some divorce decrees will stipulate that jurisdiction for subsequent matters remains in the supreme court, in which case you’ll file there.

Otherwise, family court can generally be used.

When seeking to modify the status quo in any legal matter, it can help you tremendously to have an experienced attorney guide your case and plan the most effective strategy to win.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino are some of the most experienced child custody and support attorneys in Queens.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation.