≡ Menu

Can My 20-Year-Old Son Serve Divorce Papers On My Spouse In Queens?

Yes, an adult over the age of 18 can legally serve divorce papers, even if they are the child or step-child of the recipient.

In many cases, parents prefer not to involve their adult children in the case, and will choose to spend a small amount of money and use a process server.

By working with an experienced divorce lawyer, you can rest assured that these procedural issues will be properly handled by competent professionals, sparing your family any conflict over loyalties.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we work with clients to make their divorces as easy on them as possible.

We take care of the details so you can focus on the things that really matter.

Call us today at 718-523-1111 and talk to an experienced Queens divorce lawyer for free.