≡ Menu

My Ex Has Moved In With Someone – Will That Affect My Child Support In Queens County?

It may. When one parent is fully or partly supported by a family member, new romantic partner or spouse, or even a job with extensive perks, judges will typically estimate an amount of “imputed income,” which can reduce the amount of child support that you pay to a spouse in that situation.

It’s important that your attorney raise the issue as part of a modification petition, or as part of your divorce settlement.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino work tirelessly to see that our clients pay only what is appropriate in terms of child support, spousal maintenance, and equitable distribution in and after a divorce.

Minimizing the sum you have to pay to your ex-spouse means you have more money to spend on your children in a way you see fit. Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens child support attorney.