≡ Menu

My Spouse Left Me With The Kids. How Do I Make Ends Meet While I Wait For Our Divorce In Queens?

If your spouse left you with the kids and isn’t paying child support or temporary maintenance, you should pursue an emergency motion with the court to remedy the situation.

Your spouse doesn’t have the right to impoverish you and your children through abandonment, and the court has the power to order them to pay their share of child rearing costs.

If you’ve filed for divorce but didn’t ask for pendente lite support, you should speak to an experienced Queens divorce lawyer right away in order to get the funds you need to take care of yourself and your children.

If you haven’t filed for divorce because you’re trying to work things out with your spouse, it may be time to review your circumstances and talk through your options with an attorney.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we offer a free initial consultation to every prospective client exactly for situations like yours.

Your spouse has left you in a bad situation and you need to know what the best next steps are.

We can help. Call us today at 718-523-1111 for a free consultation with an experienced Queens divorce lawyer.